- 1 Welcome to WikiDesign.world
- 2 Join us today
- 3 Index
- 3.1 ▶ Categories
- 3.1.1 ▲ At Home
- 188.8.131.52 ➠ Art
- 184.108.40.206 ➠ DIY
- 220.127.116.11 ➠ Educational
- 18.104.22.168 ➠ Electronic
- 22.214.171.124 ➠ Entertainment
- 126.96.36.199 ➠ Finance
- 188.8.131.52 ➠ Food & Drink
- 184.108.40.206 ➠ Furniture
- 220.127.116.11 ➠ Health & Beauty*
- 18.104.22.168 ➠ Infrastructure
- 22.214.171.124 ➠ Nature & Wildlife
- 126.96.36.199 ➠ Scientific
- 188.8.131.52 ➠ Sports, Hobbies & Leisure
- 184.108.40.206 ➠ Transportation
- 3.1.2 ▲ Beyond Home
- 3.1.3 ▲ At Work
- 220.127.116.11 ➠ Art
- 18.104.22.168 ➠ Educational
- 22.214.171.124 ➠ Electronic
- 126.96.36.199 ➠ Entertainment
- 188.8.131.52 ➠ Fashion
- 184.108.40.206 ➠ Finance
- 220.127.116.11 ➠ Food & Drink
- 18.104.22.168 ➠ Furniture
- 22.214.171.124 ➠ Health
- 126.96.36.199 ➠ Infrastructure
- 188.8.131.52 ➠ Nature & Wildlife
- 184.108.40.206 ➠ Scientific
- 220.127.116.11 ➠ Sports, Hobbies & Leisure
- 18.104.22.168 ➠ Transportation
- 3.1.4 ▲ MISC
- 3.1.1 ▲ At Home
- 3.1 ▶ Categories
- 4 Supporting Sources
- 5 Release notes
Welcome to WikiDesign.world
Our mission is to help people learn, teach and practice the best ways to design things better. Join us today and help us improve the world, by building the world's biggest index of products for review.
If you know how a product can be improved in terms of any of the following, then join us today:
▶ Improve lifespan/range
▶ Improve features/style
▶ Improve cleaning/restoration
▶ Improve recyclable/waste
▶ Deplete by a new invention
The more you can improve the lifespan, features, restoration and recyclable options of the product, ensures your suggestions are future proof for the future of our world. For some products, which include burning or cultural elements, these may exist forever, therefore we need to continue improving these types of products, to ensure the world can sustain them, heading towards a more greener world, designed for the masses, designed for every single one of us, designed for the prosperity of our world.
Join us today
Do you want to contribute to an existing product page or do you want to create a new product page for review? Then follow our starter guide which will help you to make a positive impact in our world, where you will be remembered for your contributions...
Contribute to a page
1. Read our 'Create a page' to understand how to contribute to existing products that may already exist on our network.
2. Edit the 'Create a page', then copy the text between 'contribute to a page - copy start' to 'contribute to a page - copy end' to the page you want to contribute to in the appropriate section of the existing page and populate it based on your contributions.
3. Thank you for contributing to our world.
Create a new page
1. Want to add a new product for improvement to our index? Okay great! First of all, you must read our 'Create a page', to understand how to use our template and how it will look.
2. In a new tab on our website, enter the search box and type "How to design the..." followed by your product suggestion, for e.g. "How to design the toothbrush", then enter search. On the following page, click "Create the page "How to design..." on this wiki! to initiate the page creation and keep this tab open.
3. Refer back to and edit the 'Create a page', then copy the text between 'create a new page - copy start' to 'create a new page - copy end' to the page you created and populate it based on your research & contributions.
4. Once you've made your page and have updated it according to our guidelines, we will then review your content and ensure it is kept up to the best standard, allowing other people on the network to contribute to it, as technology, science and the times change, in the years to come.
5. Thank you for contributing to our world.
Note: If you create a page relating to a product that already exists on our network, it will more than likely be deleted, therefore it is important to check if the product exists; if the product exists, you can at least learn how to contribute instead (detailed above)
▲ At Home
▲ Beyond Home
▲ At Work
25th April 2019
Our founder's messages as posted on facebook recently: ||1 "The internet is a fantastic source for learning how to do things and it is only really being recognised by the masses, whether you use a search engine or whether you use WikiHow, there is tons of information out there, which I've always known about since a young age.
More recently, I've decided to setup a Wiki via www.WikiDesign.world, where people can create pages, contribute and engage in topics, which can help the world more specifically design better, to help improve and spur on the developments of a more strategic, greener and environmental friendly world. It will be where people can suggest ideas in how things can be improved from a design perspective, which can be reviewed by the community, as I understand the world currently designs things to only last so long. Furthermore, it will not just suggest how things can be designed better, but it will also encourage people to learn how to recycle better or restore their objects.
I don't plan to spend much time on it, but any time I do spend on it, will be productive and with the intentions on bringing the community together, to create, engage and add to the wiki pages. I will be setting a template standard for the pages for people to follow, so it is very orderly and people can contribute accordingly, allowing them to have a positive impact in our world.
The world is constantly changing by design, for many reasons; now it's time to design for things to last much longer, not to be chucked away in the bin, which usually ends up in landfill, in most scenarios. A community, powered by the people, teaching the manufacturers to follow better practices, where they can feel meaningful and play a role in society and be remembered for their input, regardless of patents, investors or challenges. It's a simple low maintenance not for profit project, which will open up the way we look at design, once and for all.
Join us today in our journey at www.WikiDesign.world and help us shape our world for the better."
|| 2 "They say everything has been done, but nothing is ever done and the world we live in, everything is continously changing, improving and adapting to meet our world's needs. It is a phrase, which can affect one's mind at looking at design or processes, when in reality, we need to continue in interrogating existing design and processes, to ensure, as a world, we move in the right direction for humanity and nature.
It will only ever be done, when all design is recyclable and developed with 100% efficiency in mind, when everyone on earth is living and following the best processes available to them, when political and financial motives are put behind us, when the world is in full acceptance of one anothers cultures, where there is a sense of human culture at the heart of every religion and it is when everyone can behave like humans and say, I can live in this world, i can live with everyone, i can live with these design practices, i know I can hand this world on to our children, who will cherish and protect the progression we made for us and them.
And even after we have done the basics and feel like everything is done, we should always remember that nothing is ever done, we must continue to progress, to innovate and to be creative in the life we can live, in line with our world's morals and values, to make sure we always go in the best direction, that each and every single one of us deserves. There has never been a time like this in our history and we should unite in what we know today, to design and build in the best ways possible. One day, life will no longer be about money, it will be about a better working life and with progression at the forefront, for all of us, and if you want something, there will be a universal world currency, for you to work for it, which we now know is such a healthy thing to do, given a better working environment and hours; hence with the tougher the job or sacrifice, then the bigger the reward or token, respective to gender or faith, that way you can continue to embrace variety and uniqueness in our beautiful home, earth.
We the people, invented design, we invented practices and we invented work, through our creator's means, therefore we will continue to work and make opportunities regardless of how well we design our future." Thanks for reading, Mr Amritpal Claire (Sunny), founder of WikiDesign.world
Source: * Founders message on facebook